scones with salted butter & jam
- 1 x pack of Bertie’s Bakery Scones
- Strawberry Jam
- Salted Butter
- You can enjoy your scones hot or cold – to have them hot, place your scones in the centre of the oven for 5-10 minutes until warm.
- Slice each scone in half and top with a generous serving of salted butter and strawberry jam.
smoked salmon & scrambled eggs with Bertie’s Bakery wheaten bread toast
- 4 x slices of Bertie’s Bakery Toaster Wheaten Bread
- 2 x tbsp butter, plus extra for spreading
- 4 x large eggs
- 2 x tbsp milk
- 4 x slices of smoked salmon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional)
- For the scrambled eggs, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the eggs and stir gently but continually.
- Cook the eggs slowly to maintain creaminess – for no less than 5 minutes.
- Once the eggs have reached your preferred level of thickness, pour in the milk and continue stirring until done.
- Take the eggs off of the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, put 2 slices of the Bertie’s Bakery toaster wheaten toast onto each plate. Spoon over the scrambled eggs and place the smoked salmon on top. Finish the dish by seasoning with lots of black pepper.
- Optional – add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for a touch of zest!
- For a vegetarian alternative, repeat the above but replace the smoked salmon with smashed avocado
buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup & blueberries
- 2 x packs of Bertie’s Bakery buttermilk pancakes
- 2 x handfuls of fresh blueberries
- Maple Syrup
- Lightly toast your pancakes.
- Serve your pancakes stacked and drizzle with maple syrup to taste.
- Finish by dusting the pancakes with a handful of fresh blueberries and enjoy.
poached egg & bacon with Bertie’s Bakery sliced wheaten toast
- 4 x slices of Bertie’s Bakery sliced wheaten bread
- 4 x large eggs
- 4 x large rashers of bacon
- Butter for spreading
- Preheat your grill and grill the bacon until you reach your preferred level of crispiness.
- Whilst grilling your bacon, poach 4 large eggs for 2 minutes each and set aside.
- Toast your Bertie’s Bakery sliced wheaten bread and spread a generous layer of butter on each.
- Top your toast with the bacon and poached eggs to serve and enjoy!
irish steak burgers with Bertie’s Bakery brioche buns
- 4 x Bertie’s Bakery brioche buns
- 4 x steak burgers from your local butcher
- 1 x tbsp olive oil
- 4 x slices mature Irish Cheddar
- 1 x handful of lettuce leaves, torn
- 1 x large tomato, sliced
- Ketchup or relish, to serve (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan until hot and then add the steak burgers, flipping to ensure both sides are cooked evenly until you reach your preferred level of meat rarity.
- While the second side is cooking, place a slice of Irish cheddar cheese on top of each patty to melt slightly.
- When the burgers are cooked, add one to each of the Bertie’s Bakery brioche buns.
- Top each burger with lettuce and tomato slices.
- Serve with ketchup or relish, if preferred.
- 1 x pack of Bertie’s Bakery wee soda farls
- Pizza Sauce
- Grated Cheese
- Optional: 1 x handful of sweetcorn
- Pre-heat your grill.
- Split and toast the Bertie’s wee soda farls.
- Carefully remove the farls from the grill spread a generous layer of pizza sauce evenly over the top of each farl.
- Sprinkle your grated cheese and ham over the top and add sweetcorn if preferred.
- Grill until the cheese has melted and then serve.